Thursday, 24 December 2009

Book List

Well it's the day of Christmas Eve and once again I haven't updated this thing for a lonnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg time, as noted by several of you :p  There's actually a few interesting things that happened over the last month but you'll have to wait, I actually need to accomplish a bit of work today since I am on day 2 of nursing a killer headache and did ZERO work yesterday.  For now you're stuck with a list of books that I've read while in Cyprus.  I don't know why, but it seemed like an interesting thing (to me) to keep a running list.  So here they are, in no particular order:

Songs in Ordinary Time - Mary McGarry Morris (current read)
The Scarlet Letter - Nathaniel Hawthorne
Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides
The Namesake - Jhumpa Lahiri
Portrait in Sepia - Isabel Allende
My Antonia - Willa Cather
Waiting - Ha Jin
Freakonomics - Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
The Blind Assassin - Margaret Atwood
There was also a book by a British author (cannot remember the title or author's name)

I guess that's all that I can remember for now.  Maybe that's all there's been as well.  Just for fun here's a shot of the CAARI Charlie Brown tree:


And, my new haircut:




I decided to stop fighting the curl for a while.  I think I may actually like it too!  I realize that I've had similar haircuts in the past and not liked them but the woman that cut my hair this time did not force hair products on me, did not use a ton of hair products in my hair, and styled it simply and quickly.  And I was able to recreate it the next day (day the photo was taken)!!  So it might be a keeper for a bit (although I do kind of miss my long hair, it was nearly half way down my back..sniff, sniff...but all I did was pull it into an elastic everyday).  I also realize it looks a bit like the haircuts of several people I know, maybe a cross between Jen & Marissa's haircuts, which I have long envied.

More updates after Sunday.  Matt (other Fulbright living at CAARI) and I are hosting a get together this Sunday night, so I have to wait to see if anything exciting/gossip worthy happens.  But look forward to updates on The ex-President's disappearance, earthquakes, London trip, and life in general.

TTFN!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lizard!

    Love the haircut! I envy your curls.

    I also read Freakonomics and The Namesake this year. You must read the Cellist of Sarajevo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz!
    Hope you are having a great time, had a lovely cypriot christmas, and that everything is going well. My Antonia is one of my favorites! You should also read Mary Shelley's The Last Man.

    DON'T FIGHT THE CURL!
    Loves!
    Zuzana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks awesome! You must leave it that way!

    ReplyDelete